Why is backing up important?
Data backup is one of the main aspects of IT but it the most overlooked. Data loss can happen in many different ways. The most common is physical PC failures however it can also be down to accidental error, theft and more.
Below you can find some interesting stats about data back up.
- 50% of hard drives die within 5 years.
- 36% of data loss is customer information and financial data.
- Thunderstorms, fires, floods and other nature disaster will also lead to data loss.
- 44% of data loss is caused by mistaken deletion, system crash, or software corruption.
- 14% of data loss happened due to virus attack.
- 70 percent of companies go out of business after a major data loss.